Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My semi-irrational fear of furniture salesmen

9 months ago, my husband and I flew to Georgia to perform our 3-day marathon house hunt.  Because we were moving from Ohio, we had very little time to look and even LESS time to make a decision.   We selected our house out of the billions we saw because we fell in love with the neighborhood.  The NEIGHBORHOOD- not the house.  It’s not that I don’t like our house; I just don’t particularly know how to furnish it.  Our previous house was about 1500 sq. ft. smaller than this one, so we have quite a few empty rooms.  My kids call them the “dance floor rooms”.  About a month ago, I was about to give up, hang disco balls on the ceilings, and start an underground rave.


Why would I give up, you ask?  Well, it’s simple.  The minute I walk into a furniture store, a wave of anxiety washes over me.   I know THEY are near.  

I am afraid of furniture salesmen.

After walking past my plethora of empty rooms this morning, I decided I’d had enough.  This fear of mine is irrational… right?  Furniture salesmen aren’t really THAT scary…  So I hopped in my car determined to buy what I WANTED, NOT what the salesman wanted me to buy.

As soon as I arrived, my palms got sweaty.  I felt nervous, but it was time to go in.


I should have turned around then, but I pressed forward.




























I'm now a proud owner of a teal and rose sectional.  SURE I came in there for a dining room table, and yes I realize it doesn't match anything I own- but really, this sofa was the right purchase for me... my BFF salesperson said so.

Do disco balls go with teal?

TTFN,

AMo







7 comments:

  1. Great post! Thank you for the laugh! Hope you enjoy your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture salesman = evil clown. Never thought of it quite that way before, but yeah, I see your point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have nightmares about that furniture salesman!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny Post! I love this story! The pictures of the scary killer clown makes me laugh....only because he's stalking YOU - and NOT ME, of course! I kinda feel like this when I go into clothing stores....I once bought a pair of UGLY slacks - in the WRONG size, because the creepy saleswoman wouldn't leave me alone! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear! LOL I needed to laugh. I share your fear-I generally try to flee if the salesmen approach! :)

    New follower from MBC!

    Brea
    www.becomingbrea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little pictures! And I feel your pain. I'm the girl who bought the $6 protection program for my $19 earphones because the BFF salesman said it was a "must." Sigh.

    ReplyDelete